The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) today announced that it has scheduled four neighborhood meetings this month about the I-81 Viaduct project.
The neighborhood meetings are designed to give residents throughout the Syracuse region a chance to learn about the ongoing environmental review process and voice their comments and opinions. Each meeting will include a presentation by NYSDOT and an opportunity for residents to ask questions of the project leaders.
The meeting schedule follows below:
• Tuesday, October 22, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Dr. Weeks Elementary School Cafeteria, 710 Hawley Avenue, Syracuse
Downtown Area Meeting
• Wednesday, October 23, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Everson Museum, 401 Harrison Street, Syracuse
• Tuesday, October 29, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Fowler High School, 227 Magnolia Street, Syracuse
Eastern Communities Meeting
• Wednesday, October 30, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
• Town of Dewitt Community Room, 148 Sanders Creek Parkway, East Syracuse
NYSDOT and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are leading the environmental review required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). A Notice of Intent to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for the project was issued in August, and the initial phase of the process, called Scoping, is underway.